Please note some of the settings/names in the following guides have changed over the years. It is very difficult to know the exact name for every motherboard for the last 10+ years as there are always very small tweaks to the phrasing.
N.B. Please proceed with caution! Please follow this only when recommended to do so by a member of our customer service team. You will lose any profiles saved (except on the very latest boards) and if things go wrong it can be difficult, if not impossible sometimes to recover.
In order to update the UEFI/BIOS to the latest version please download the latest UEFI/BIOS file from Asus' website:
Please ask a Customer Service Team member for a direct link, if you're unsure.
- Download the latest UEFI/BIOS file and unzip it to your system
- You will need to create a FAT32 formatted USB drive - see here
- Put the [BIOS NAME].CAP (newer motherboards) or [BIOS NAME].ROM (older motherboards) file on this USB
- Restart the PC and enter the UEFI/BIOS by repeatedly pressing the Del key
- Ensure the USB is still plugged into the system by this point
- Press F7 to go to Advanced Mode and navigate to the Tool tab. In that choose ASUS EZ Flash Utility
- Find the file on the USB and Update the BIOS through that utility
Once the update is complete the PC will restart.
On some motherboards, there may be a “double update” process if so select the same BIOS file and repeat the process and it will restart a second time.
After the restart, press F1 to Enter UEFI/BIOS
(not strictly required but can stop some false-positive errors)
F7 to Advanced Mode -> Monitor Tab -> Q-Fan Configuration > Change all Fan Speed Low Limits (or Lower Limits) to Ignore (default is usually 200 or 600)
Tool Tab -> User Profiles (or O.C. Profiles or Overclocking Profiles) -> Highlight the Name or Label box: Type the word "Stock" in the box and press Enter to Save to Profile ->
Finally, F10 to Save Changes & Restart